Small Sample Cleaver
Using simple mechanics, the small sample cleaver (SSC) uses a novel sample holder and a cleaving platform to safely cleave samples into chips as small as 2x2 mm. The novel sample holder allows samples from 4-10 mm to be held during indenting and cleaving. No more handling samples directly with fingers. Gloved hands are ok, the holder has no screws, springs or pins.
CLICK HERE to go to the corresponding webpage at Ted Pella.com
- Addresses the need to cleave small samples without loss of material or damage
- Accurate and repeatable cleaving of small samples without excessive handling
- Can be operated securely with gloved hands
- Flexible sample handling. Hold-downs accepts samples of various widths (3-15 mm) and thickness (200-900 µm)
- Easy to use
- The small sample cleaver (SSC) base comes with 4 magnetic hold-downs for samples from 200-900 µm thick
- Use the sample hold-downs to securely transfer the sample to the LatticeAx for indent, then back to the SSC for cleaving
- Two cleaving pins for cleaving a variety of sample types
- Gauge sets the sample for an 0.5 mm indent versus the standard 1 mm indent on the LatticeAx
- A storage case secures all components.